"…and not for five minutes will I be distracted from the wonder…"

Congrats to My Tigers

Deeper South,The Wonder — d-ashes on January 9, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Congratulations to the Bayou Bengals, Louisiana State’s Fighting Tigers, on their second national football title in five years. I’d said that I’d felt like good things were coming for Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Louisiana as a whole with the New Year, and the Tigers made good on it early. It was great to see New Orleans hopping with activity and by all accounts the bowl season saw the most people in the city and the most tourist dollars spent since Hurricane Katrina. I hope that the exposure our win garnered will not only help keep our football program towards the top of the pile, but prove beneficial both to the university and the city of Baton Rouge.

Old LSU Logo

No matter where life takes me, I will always fondly remember that I lived in Baton Rouge during one of the most special of LSU football seasons. Thanks LSU, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans for making this a season that a die-hard football fan will never forget. GEAUX TIGERS!

5 Comments »

1. Sigh. Congrats. Three in fifty years . . . not bad for a young, struggling program like y’all’s.

Comment by gorjus — January 9, 2008 @ 2:32 pm
  2. oh, come on, gorj–don’t be bitter. your day will come.

my congratulations to you all, d-ashes.

Comment by mavis — January 9, 2008 @ 2:41 pm
  3. Yea team!

Comment by natalie — January 9, 2008 @ 8:49 pm
  4. where did you get the picture of the old lsu logo? could you please email me a high resolution copy of it. thanks

Comment by goza30 — June 25, 2009 @ 2:39 pm
  5. @goza23: Alas, that low res copy, which I found via Google is the only one I’ve got. I’ll keep my eyes open for one that I could potentially scan. I’ve also got a friend that makes officially licensed LSU merchandise. He might be able to hook me up with one too. Will let you know.

Comment by d-ashes — July 6, 2009 @ 9:26 am